Air Jacket: The Original
Air Jacket for children
Children represent a big part of the rider population. They fall more often, but the consequences are usually minimal. Children are very flexible, but their head and brain are much more sensible.
They need a different protection than adults. Helite launched the first ever equestrian air jacket for children in 2010. This air jacket had to be redesigned in order to adapt the protection to children:
- The airbag inflates outward instead of inward
- The strength needed to trigger the airbag system is lowered
- The lanyard is adapted to the child’s size
- The airbag shape is adapted to the child’s size
SIZE CHART IN CM
(with clothes on)
| 10 Years old
||135 - 145 cm
||75 - 85 cm
| 12 Years old
||140 - 155 cm
||80 - 90 cm
| 14 Years old
||145 - 165 cm
||85 - 95 cm
WHY CHOOSE HELITE AIRBAGS?
Our AIR JACKET is also known as the ProAir.
The first version of this airbag vest was designed for motorcyclists that need a very reliable, effective and resistant product.
TIME OF INFLATION: because it inflates very quickly, it protects in less than 100 milliseconds after activation. You might remember our airbag minimizing injuries of many top riders such as:
- Rotational fall of Faith Cook at Bramham in 2009
- Rotational fall of Oliver Townend at Rolex in 2010
- Rotational fall of Karim Laghouag at the European Championship in 2010
- Rotational fall of Mary King at the European Championship in 2011
- Rotational fall of Coral Keen at Boekelo 2012
- Rotational fall of Laura Collett at Tweseldown horse trials 2013
MULTI-DIRECTIONAL TRIGGERING: to ensure that your airbag triggers every time you need it, the system has a safe key-ball system that releases whatever direction you fall.
PROTECTION: The large surface of protection and the specific shape of our airbag will effectively cover the full length of the back from head to coccyx as well as the hips and the chest. This greatly reduces the risk of whiplash injuries and helps to prevent impact injuries, broken ribs causing internal bleeding, over flexion of the spine…
ATTENTION, before you purchase an airbag, check out the size of the cartridge. The size of your cartridge is proportional to the volume of protection you will get.